Hand Stripping DVD
Hand stripping is the time-honored technique of keeping harsh coats in peak condition to protect the dog’s skin while doing the job they were meant to do. It is the correct way to groom many breeds to promote vibrant color and a harsh, crisp texture to the coat. The technique was used long before the age of modern electric clippers or razor sharp shears.
This DVD will introduce you to the basic tools and techniques of hand stripping and includes:
- How to work with different tools and products based on coat type
- How hand stripping promotes healthy skin and coat
- Techniques for gently removing dead coat in the hand stripping process
- The wide variety of breeds hand stripping can be applied to
- How to combine hand stripping techniques with clipper cutting for speed and comfort of the pet